Swimming, Sports, Outdoor Adventure and more
5 Star Day Camps is Located on 53 beautiful acres of natural woodland in the Carp area. Our day camp facility is located on the grounds of Venta Preparatory School in Ottawa, Ontario. (www.ventapreparatoryschool.com)
5 Star Camps features the following:
Outdoor Experiential Education and Wilderness Centre
With “The Fort” as its central feature our Outdoor Centre is where campers will learn to step out of their comfort zones and take on exciting challenges including navigating our low ropes course and solving tough challenges as a team.
- Low Ropes Course/Climbing Wall/Vertical Playground – This extensive course is comprised of personal and group problem solving challenges. At 5-Star Camps we believe that people learn and develop most effectively when presented with a challenge. Our adventure program is designed to challenge the individual and develop group dynamics. This professionally designed program fosters such skills as problem-solving, teamwork, communication and leadership. Individual growth occurs in areas of self-esteem, trust, social competence and risk-taking. The 5 Star-Camps course was designed and built by Challenges Unlimited Inc. (CUI), which is Canada’s premier experiential adventure learning and development consulting company. Challenges Unlimited provides yearly safety inspections as well as staff training and certification. CUI has been a level 4 Professional Member of the Association for Challenge Course Technology since 1993. It is also a member of the Association for Experimental Education (A.E.E), the Ontario Camping Association (O.C.A.) and the Alberta Camping Association (A.C.A.). Click here to see some photos
- The Fort – This multi-storey wooden fort was built by students using natural recycled materials. Nestled in the woods and only a 5-minute walk from the parking lot, it features 22 bunks, 6 sleeping quarters, and two lookout towers, as well as a large fire pit with plenty of seating. It is the perfect location for a traditional camping experience which fosters a great appreciation of the outdoors!
In 2014 5 Star Camps added 3 incredible elements to our program which are a huge hit!
Our 20 ft x 20 ft Wrecking Ball which can also be converted to a jousting station and a bouncy house for the younger campers.
- Our Giant Wave, which is a two lane water slide measuring 20 ft high by 54 ft long, not only gives the children a thrill but also allows them to race each other to the pool at the bottom while staying cool on those hot summer days!
- Our single lane Slip and Slide, which is another 20 ft long water slide, gives added variety to our inflatable station.
- All our inflatable are TSSA inspected and certified.
Sports and Recreation
- Full sized Basketball Court
- Soccer Pitch
- Baseball Diamond
- Swimming Pool – On those really hot summer days we are thankful to have our own private swimming pool. Campers swim at least once per day every day but more often when the weather is really hot.
- Play Structure – This up-to-date play structure contains all the bells and whistles for great fun before and after camp.
- Four & Six Square courts
- Hop Scotch courts
- Tether Ball courts
Arts and Crafts
- Art Studio (air-conditioned) packed full with all the art supplies a good art program needs!
- Dining Hall – Perfect for indoor lunches or low-key indoor activities during rainy weather.
- 40×80 Tent – Perfect Wednesday’s BBQ lunch, all day shade, Multi-sports and low organized games, Morning and afternoon activities and of course rain days….even though it does not rain at 5 Star Camps!
- 2-20×20 Tents – One for our Reception and the other for our Archery station.
- Locker rooms and Change facilities – Separate facilities for girls and boys, equipped with lockers in which to store belongings. Please have your child bring a lock.
- Indoor bathrooms